On Sunday, June 17th we had a visit from some very special guests, The Boltons. Carol and husband Tim Bolton visited with their two children to celebrate Father’s Day over lunch at Vaudeville, a familiar location to them, however a whole new environment and experience. For over a decade, Carol and Tim owned this three story, historic location, once home to their business “Homestead,” a high-end and mostly European antique shop.
Carol Bolton is also nationally known for introducing, and really pushing to the next level, the European-inspired, West Coast design aesthetic of Shabby Chic, fashioned in many homes across the Texas Hill Country, to this day.
We are honored to have hosted these Fredericksburg trendsetters and their kids. Their notably good taste makes this letter that we received from them, all the more flattering.
Jordan & Richard,
We are still reeling over the beautiful meal that we enjoyed there on Sunday. Oh – what you have created there is almost unspeakable. These are just a few of our favorite things as we talked through our Father’s Day afternoon.
- The flavors – how do you do THAT?! Every taste is discernible and amazing! and different that anything that we have ever tasted….
- The feeling – jovial, light-hearted, as if everyone was on vacation.
- The mood – a friendly café bistro wine bar gastro pub kind of place where the owner always remembers you even if you aren’t a regular and where they take what they do very seriously but it doesn’t come off as stuffiness. We felt like we were holiday-ing in Italy that day for some reason.
- Your staff – flawless
- The space – simple & luxurious all at once
- The steamy café au lait in the bowlish cups
- The music
- That beautiful, almost bubbly, rosé that somehow kept magically flowing
- The banquettes
- The choices in the take away bins – so thoughtfully selected
- So much more…
Gentlemen, than you for choosing Fredericksburg to share your craft with us. We are grateful. We love the outdoor space and the stunningly executed gallery and shop – every piece perfectly chosen.
Thank you for all of the treats and the free-flowing drink on Sunday. It was truly memorable.
We are dreaming of our return to Vaudeville.
All of the very best,
Carol & all of the Boltons